BROACHES FOR INTERNAL POLYGONAL HOLES
The broach for polygonal holes is a specially shaped tool that is fixed to the spindle of the broaching head on one end, while the other end bears the shape of the hole to be obtained. These broaches are made in two different kind of steels:
– HSS This steel has a good tesistance to wear and tear and a high capacity to absorb the vibrations of the broaching machining
– Sintered steel. This steel has a high hardness and an excellent resistance to compression, even at high temperatures. It is used for heavy machinings when hard materials are involved (i.e. titanium, stainless steels,…)
BRIGHETTI MECCANICA S.r.l. produces seven kinds of broaches with differenct shanks fitting perfectly the broach seat: G8, G12, G12A, G16, G16L and G25. Beside standard items mentioned in the General Catalogue, BRIGHETTI MECCANICA SRL can produce broaches with special profile and sizes, following Customer’s specification.
Before starting with the broaching operation, a pre-broach hole must be drilled on the work piece. This pre-broach hole should be a little bit larger than the size of the broach (from 0,1 to 0,3 mm) and a little bit deeper (from 1 to 5 mm) in order to discharge the chips. It is a good habit of using a good cutting oil during the broaching operation.
It is a good habit of using a good cutting oil during the broaching operation.
By request BRIGHETTI MECCANICA S.r.l. can supply broaches with one of the following coatings:
- std broaches : sizes in mm
- std broaches : sizes in inches
- broaches for TORX®(*) wrenches
- broaches for TORX®(*) PLUS wrenches
* TORX is a Trade Mark from TEXTRON Inc. – Providence (USA)